Visitor Visa

Mandatory documents


Passport requirements:

  • Should be signed by the applicant;
  • Must be valid for at least 3 months from the date on which you intend to leave the SCHENGEN territory, issued within the previous 10 (ten) years;
  • Should contain at least two empty pages for each applicant (if a child travels with parent in the parent’s passport, there should be 2 blank pages (blank front and back), i.e. 4 blank pages);
  • Without any damages.

Old passport

If there are no Schengen visa in the passport you are submitting with the application, but you had Schengen visa before, it is recommended to submit either the annulled/old passport or at least copies of the 2 last Schengen visa and the page with the personal data of that passport with your application.

Schengen application form

Application form requirements:

  • Duly completed in German, Italian, French or English in the personal account on TLScontact web-site and printed;
  • Dated and signed by the applicant in person. 

In case of minors (below the age of 18), the application form needs to be signed by parents or person exercising legal guardianship.

For family members or groups application form must be filled in for each individual.

Two identity photos

2 identical, recent passport photographs, meeting Schengen photo requirements (one glued on the application form, the other attached).

Medical insurance policy

The travel insurance requirments:

  • Valid for Schengen area if you apply for short stay visa (only the copy);
  • Your travel insurance must be valid with a minimum coverage of € 30,000 in order to face any expenses that may arise in connection with your repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, or emergency hospital treatment;
  • The insurance should cover the whole period of your stay in Schengen area. If the visa is requested with a longer validity and multiple entries, the travel insurance only needs to cover the first trip;
  • List of Insurance companies accredited with the visa section of the Embassy of Switzerland.

Proof of trip purpose

Invitation letter from host person

The Invitation letter from host the family/friend containing the following information:

  • Surname, first name, address and contact phone number (e-mail, if existing) of the inviting person (host);
  • Surname, first name, date of birth, sex, nationality and passport number of the invited person (guest);
  • Duration of stay in Switzerland and requested number of entries;
  • Explanation of relationship with the invited person.

The letter shall be signed by the inviting person(s).

In case of an invitation issued by a married couple, the signature of both partners is required.

Identification document of inviter(s)

Copy of the inviting person(s)’s Swiss passport(s) (pages with photo, personal data and signature) or a copy of the B or C residence permit for Switzerland.

Proof of the family relationship between the applicant and the inviter(s)

For relatives: proof of family relationship (for instance: copy of birth certificate, marriage certificate or Swiss family certificate).

Employment and solvency proof of applicant

Evidence of employment

Evidence of employment (letter from the employer) with salary information.

Students/pupils: student card (original and copy) or attestation from the University/school.

Retired: pension certificate (copy).

Self-employed people / individual entrepreneurs: Proof of economic activity (e.g. 2NDFL or 3NDFL form, copy of extract from the trade/fiscal registry or copy of certificate for individual business/entrepreneur) or bank statement covering the last 3 months or bank letter confirming the account’s balance.

Solvency proof

Solvency proof: Family members of EU / EFTA citizens, spouses / partners (registered partnership), relatives in descending line (son / daughter, adopted children, grandchildren) who are under the age of 21 and relatives in ascending line (parents / grandparents) or descending line (children / grandchildren older than 21 years) who verifiably receive regular and substantial financial support from their hosts for their daily livelihoods are exempted from proof of solvency. A financial support on the occasion of the stay in Switzerland (food and lodging) is not enough.

1st possibility: the applicant provides a statement of his bank account showing the movements for the last three months or a bank letter confirming the balance of the account. Each person should have about CHF 100.00 (guideline value) for every day of stay at his/her disposal (or the equivalent amount in another currency). For children and students the value amounts to about CHF 30.00. In case of free room and board at the house or apartment of family members or friends these guide values are reduced.

To show cash money is never requested form our side and will not be accepted!

If the applicant can provide the necessary solvency proof, a minimum of three working days after submission of the visa application (not counting day of deposit) or receipt of the complete visa request at our section (not counting deposit and transmission by our Outsourcing-Partner) and payment of visa fees is needed for consideration of the visa application.

2nd possibility: if the applicant has no or insufficient financial means, the visa section might provide him/her with the “Declaration of commitment”, after having evaluated his/her visa application. This “Declaration of commitment” must be sent by the applicant to the inviting person (host) in Switzerland. The inviting person/host will have to complete the declaration and submit it to the competent Swiss cantonal authorities. In the case of a “Declaration of commitment” the visa-procedure takes several weeks. Applicants are therefore advised to submit their visa application well in advance.

Please take note that the visa section reserves the right to request a declaration of commitment in any case.

Documents for the minor (s)

Copy of birth certificate

Copy of birth certificate should be provided for children till 18 years old.

Consent of the parental authority or legal guardian

If the child travels only in the company of a parent, the following additional requirements apply: an authorization translated (into German, French, Italian or English) and signed in front of a notary public by the parent who is not travelling (original and copy).

Copy of the valid Schengen visa of the parent(s)

Copy of the valid Schengen visa of the parent(s) travelling with the minor for whom a visa is not applied at the same time with the parent(s).

Sponsorship letter

Guarantee letter from parents that costs for minors will be taken by them during the trip.

Other documents

Copy of document proving legal residence in Russia

All non-Russian nationals need to present proof of legal residence in the Russian Federation in line with federal legislation (e.g. residence permit, long-term visa or FMS registration).

This document should be valid for at least 3 (three) months after the planned return from the territory of the Member States or a document proving that the applicant has applied for a renewal of proof of legal residence.

Copy of internal passport

Copies of pages with any stamps (the applicant’s biodata, registration in Russia,marital status, issued international passports, etc.).

Consent for processing of personal data

Please click here to download the form, complete it according to the internal passport and attach with all your documentation.

Declaration of consent for the use of couriers

Please click here to download the form, complete it and attach with all your documentation.

DHL Declaration

For applying documents by post, please click here to download the form, complete it and attach with all your documentation.

Submission by representative


Documents can be submistted by following representatives (if biometric data enrollment is not required):

  • A travel agency accredited with the Swiss Embassy;
  • Close relatives (spouse, mother, father, daughter and son).

Proof of relationship should be submitted.

Representative’s ID

  • Copy of representative’s ID card issued by the Embassy of Switzerland (if documents are submitted by travel agency);
  • Copy of representative’s internal passport (if documents are submitted by  close relatives).