Required documents for a Spouse of Swiss Citizen Long stay Settlement (more than 3 months)visa application for Switzerland

You are the spouse of a Swiss Citizen and you are going to Switzerland and will stay no longer than 90 days.

According to your situation, you should apply directly at the Embassy of Switzerland without appointment

List of the required documents

Documents in Thai language must be translated into English or in one of the Swiss national languages by one of the accredited translation offices.


Spouse of Swiss Citizen_Settlement (more than 3 months)



Three Visa application form, original

Duly filled out, dated and signed by the applicant. Filling out the visa application form is possible on the Forms page. The visa application form and Complementary page must be signed by both parents in case of the minor child.

Four passport-sized pictures 3.5 cm x 4 cm

  1. Color photo on a white background
  2. Format 3.5 cm x 4 cm
  3. Taken from the front; without obstruction
  4. Recent (less than 6 months old)
  5. Ears and eyebrows must appear on the picture

The photo must be a close-up of your head and the top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.

Passport, original

Valid at least three months after the end of the planned stay in Switzerland or another Schengen Member State

Passport, copy

Three photocopies of the passport (personal data page and official entries)

Police record

in English, original with three photocopies


The Thai police record can be ordered at the following address:Police Clearance Service Center, Special Branch Bureau, Section 3, Royal Thai Police, Rama I Rd. Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Tel. 02 205 21 68-9

Further documents


If the marriage has been concluded with a citizen of a third country, the Regional Consular Center in Bangkok can require

further documents related to the marriage (extract from marriage register, birth certificate etc.).

We are pleased to advise you at our counters.