Long Stay Visa


If you plan to stay in Switzerland for more than 90 days, you should apply for a long stay visa.

Any stay longer than 90 days falls under national jurisdiction and is not part of the Schengen Agreement.

There are different types of long stay visas:


  • Family reunion
  • Studies in Switzerland
  • Work in Switzerland
  • Spouse of Swiss Citizen
  • Spouse of E.U. Citizen